Friday, July 1, 2011

Camp Langan

Green Smoothie Popsicles*










We were away in Washington DC at the beginning of the week so I didn't get to post about what would be happening at Camp Langan.  So instead, I am going to post a weekly wrap-up of the goings-on here and I'll also post what will be happening next week at Camp Langan.

Week of June 27
Washington DC
Sleepovers x2
Pool Party
Pediatrician (annual exams)
Trip to the Library
Fishing with Friends
Golf (my husband)
Fishing with Dad (my older boys, my husband)

Week of July 4
Annual July 4th Block Party
Watching ET under the stars
Swing Summer
Atlantis!**
Annual Bike Race

As you can see, we are keeping busy!

*Unbeknownst to my children, I've designated this season as The Summer of the Green Smoothie.  I've been making a green smoothie each day (well almost every day) for the kids to either drink or freeze for later to eat as a popsicle.  I bought cheapo freezer pop containers at the grocery store that did not work at all.  So I decided that if I was going to have success at getting them to eat/drink a smoothie each day, I needed to bite the bullet and buy the Tupperware freeze pop containers.  I have to say that they are FAB. U. LOUS.  They clip to each other so that you don't need a tray to hold them in place in the freezer.  They have a handle that stays in the popsicle (unlike the ones from the grocery store, the handle would slide right out which meant that the smoothie pop would plop onto the floor).  The lid easily slips off the pop and then attaches to the handle to catch the drips.  I love these!

**My husband and I will be headed to Atlantis for a few nights without kids.  (So excited!)  My sister has graciously offered to come to Langanland to take care of all the Lads & Lasses & Emma.  She'll have her hands full because she'll be bringing her two kids, plus her two dogs.  So it will be a full house and I feel tremendously guilty for leaving her alone with seven kids and three dogs.

No comments: