Friday, March 18, 2011

Lost & Found

So the kids were trying to figure out how to solve the case of the missing iPod.  It was actually interesting to watch them work together to try and figure out a solution.

Should they buy me a new one?  After googling it, they determined that this most definitely would not be their approach.  A new one retails for about $185 and they calculated how many hours of Langan Family Clean-up they'd be doing to earn that much money and they decided they did not want to spend the next 6 months putting all their chore money towards an iPod.

So they moved on.

Ebay!  Yes!  Ebay!  Oh look!  You can get one for $10.15!  Show it to mom!  I pointed out that it was $10.15 because it was BROKEN.  Ok, forget it.

WAIT!!!  Craigslist!!  It's even better than Ebay!  Oh wait, no.  Nope, not better than ebay.

Hey wait.  I know!  We can sell the old iPod on Ebay or Craigslist.  Yes!  Then we can use that money to buy a new one.  (LanganLass2 has a really great iPod that would fetch over $100 if on Ebay or Craigslist.  She was willing to give it up.  Very sweet.  Or desperate.)


They had stumbled upon a workable plan.  So when my husband came home, they asked for  help in listing LanganLasss' iPod on ebay.  But before jumping into this project, my wise husband decided to clean out the car.  As in, take it apart, move seats and carseats and find that iPod.  And lo and behold, the iPod!!!  The kids were cheering and relieved, I was thrilled and my car is clean, a nice bonus!

So I need to retract my previous post because although the kids lost the iPod, it's back, unharmed and thus my post is invalid.

The little buggars tried to tell me that I was in the wrong for blaming them for losing the iPod because it wasn't lost afterall.  I tried to tell them that they did indeed lose it because they failed to put it back where it belongs and they failed to locate it for a whole six days.  Let's just say we're going to agree to disagree on this one.

But it doesn't really matter now, does it?

And you know what?  I had kind of gotten over the lost iPod.  What finally did it for me was thinking about the snazzy iPod belonging to LanganLass2.  She found that iPod a few months ago.  We were walking through town and there it was, just sitting on a bench outside of the bus station.  We called the police to report it missing and they told us to keep it.  Really?  They said no one would bother to call for a lost iPod and if they did, well, finders keepers.

So it seemed fitting to me that we found a fabulous iPod (although not an iPod Touch) and then we lost one.  You know, "what goes around, comes around."  And once I realized that, I was ok with losing my iPod and was starting to develop my case for replacing it with an iPhone.

Yay for the iPod, nay for the iPhone.

No comments: