Sunday, March 6, 2011

Keep Your Hands To Yourself

I must say the above phrase to my children more than any other repetitive phrase.  I swear, 85 percent of the disputes in this house would not occur if everyone would just keep their hands to themselves.  And when I start to ponder this thought, the next thought I have is that most of the conflict in the world could be prevented if we all lived by this phrase.  (And then that leads me to Do Unto Others but that's a topic for another day.)

This topic was illustrated beautifully (or not!) this week as LanganLad2 brought home this piece of artwork:










It says Peace is helping the earth.  Actually it says Peace is helpin zurf.  (Yeah, I thought it would be helpful to provide a translation.  And what IS it anyway?  A thought bubble?  A cloud?  Not really sure.)  Anyway, when he showed it to me I said, "What??  Peace!  I'll tell you what peace is!  Peace is not hurting your brother!"  To which the LanganLad responded, "But he starts it!"

Which brings us back to, "Keep your hands to yourself!"

No comments: