Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Generation Gap

We got up around 2AM to watch the lunar eclipse.  I'm so glad I got up to see it!  My husband and I went outside with some hot tea, hats, coats, gloves and binoculars.  It was amazing!  It is NEVER truly dark in West Chester -- too many streetlights, houses too close together, etc.  It is often difficult to even see stars on an average night.  But due to the shadow over the moon, last night was darker than normal; the stars were shining brightly and we even saw a shooting star!  (My 7 year old son informed me that it was actually a meteorite.)

We woke the kids up to see it.  They weren't interested in going outside so they just watched, briefly, from the window.  Except for my oldest.  When I woke her up she said, "I'm really tired.  I think I'm gonna stay in bed and just watch it online tomorrow."

That just says it all, doesn't it?

No comments: