Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Christmas in July










As part of her Christmas present, we arranged for our oldest daughter to have sewing and cake decorating lessons.  Not only is she interested in these activities but I have friends who were willing to give her lessons because they too enjoy these activities.

Her sewing lessons took place during the winter months.  She made a pillowcase, pajama pants and then ended by sewing this bag.  She really enjoyed her lessons and she uses her bag almost daily.













Her cake decorating lesson took place this weekend.  My friend baked a mini wedding cake and then taught my daughter how to decorate it using fondant, tips, buttercream frosting, etc.  My daughter was really pleased with her lesson and said she felt like she was on Cake Boss because she learned so much.  Now that the cake is home, we've all enjoyed eating her creation!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is so cool!!!! I miss u GB!!!

Love, Katie

rachel said...

me 2 Gb