Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Moments

The kids all gave me homemade cards for Mother's Day -- very sweet and cute.  It's always nice when the classroom teacher gives them some direction . . . .

Thanks to teacher prompts, I discovered that my 4 year old loves me because I pack snacks for him when we go on an airplane.  I learned that my 6 year old thinks of me as the color violet.  My 8 year old thinks I'm a good mom because I pay her for doing chores.  And my 10 year old thinks that my favorite thing to do in my free time is clean.

Hilarious, right?  I guess a 10 year old would think that anyone who cleans in their "spare time" must enjoy cleaning.  Oh, does she have a lot to learn!

In addition to the cleaning comment was a report card.  There were about 15 items on the list and I got As in everything except for the first item:  patience.  I got a "E" for patience.  An "E" means "try harder". I guess it's kinda like an F but a little more friendly than an F.  ANYWAY,  I find this ironic because I think I am fairly patient but whatever.  Nevertheless, I was patting myself on the back for earning As in everything else.  I was feeling smug that I am so good at every aspect of being a mom.  I commented to my daughter that I was a "Straight A Mom" and she said, "Oh, actually, I just didn't feel like reading all the things on the list so I just gave you A's in everything."

Did I mention that she suffers from ADHD?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's hysterical. I say take an A whatever way you can get it :) Happy Mother's Day!