Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baby Talk

Photo courtesy of Guest Blogger

The baby has been babbling for a while now:  all done, dada, mama, etc.

But he calls Emma by name every day.  When he sees her walk into the room, he raises his hand and says, "Hi Eh!"  Lucky dog, she's the only person who gets consistent chatter from the baby!

Until the other day.

I thought he was trying to say my oldest daughter's name.

And now I'm sure of it.

We were at the mall yesterday and I was walking through the store, pushing the stroller and calling her name.  And then the baby shouted out her name!  And then when he finally spotted her, he shouted her name again and waved his fist at her as if to say:  Where the heck have you been?!  I've been looking for you!

And today he's been dragging himself from room to room (still not crawling!) calling her name as he goes.  So cute and such a gift to be adored by a baby.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

he is so smart and cute