Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bad Blogger/Best Blogs

I have been doing a very poor job of blogging. I've paid little attention to this blog and have completely ignored my photo-a-day project. I just find January so . . . . uninspiring. Perhaps I will have renewed enthusiasm in February?

Anyway, my sister is coming to visit this weekend so hopefully I'll have some pics of the kids/cousins to post. Little Mis-tah is no where near crawling (apparently he is uninspired as well) so I'm hoping that he gets the idea once he sees his cousin, Maeve, motoring around on her hands and knees.

In the meantime, Part III of my favorite blogs.

I have never met David but I think of him often and pray for him when I think of him. I started reading his blog when I read that he needed prayer for a brain tumor. I started reading his story and WOW, the guy is amazing, inspiring, introspective, persistent, gracious . . . I could go on and on and on. His is an amazing story of being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time. If you wanna read about him, start with the amazing story link and then move through the blog from there.

I know, another photography blog. I wasn't kidding when I said I was a blog stalker. Kelley takes the most beautiful newborn photos. Looking at the pictures is like a little slice of heaven. I think part of the reason I like this blog so much is because visiting it is like going to Fantasy Land. For me, taking care of a newborn is like spending 6-8 weeks in my own personal hell. Visiting this blog helps me to remember (as well as one who is sleep deprived can recall) that there are a few fleeting moments of peace and joy when you are taking care of an infant.

The authors of this blog are sisters who live, you guessed it, 300 miles apart. They each take a photo (daily by 10AM) and then post the photos side by side on the blog. It's interesting to see how the photos compliment each other and it's fun to read the comments (often left by the photographers offering a back-story on the photos.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks, nice post.