Tuesday, January 5, 2010

365 Days in Langanland



I got a new camera for Christmas and am trying to learn how to use it. I thought it would be really great to take a photo-a-day and post it here. I figured I could learn how to use my camera, document my family's life and maybe learn a little about photography in the process.

But my motivation didn't last long. I'm already thinking it's a huge waste of time.

But then I read an article that said it's really GOOD to take a photo-a-day because you really sharpen your skills by doing so. I'm thinking they mean for people who actually know how to use a camera. Nonetheless, I have decided that I should continue with my photo-a-day plan.

So for the month of January, I'm going to photograph Emma. I know, it seems wrong to start with the family dog. But she is easier to photograph because she doesn't move as much as the kids do and she never whines or complains when I take her photograph.

No comments: