Friday, May 1, 2009

What's Been Happening in Langanland?

Well, so many things are going on I haven't been blogging! This posting might seem random and disorganized, but that's how my mind is working these days.

First, let me say that the previous posting, titled HOT was in error. My guest blogger (oldest daughter) started a posting and never finished. Hot prompted a number of friends to call and commiserate with the hot, pregnant woman. Anyway, even though I was hot, the temps are now back in the 60s so my ankles are no longer looking like tree trunks.

Ok, so the baby's due date is one week from today. Many, many people have told me that baby #5 will be early . . . but since I've been late FOUR TIMES, I really do NOT expect this baby to be early. And although I am increasingly uncomfortable, I do not feel like birth is imminent. So check back every few days to find out if I've given birth!

Speaking of babies, the kids all have an idea of what the baby's name should be. However, the kids do NOT get a vote. They can give their opinions but the final decision rests with mom and dad. My boys are the most interested in the baby's name. They plan to call the baby Wall*E (like the movie), regardless of what we call the baby. They also think Eva (Wall*E's girlfriend) would be an excellent name for a baby sister. I do like the name Eva. However, our neighbors are having a baby girl at the end of May and they will call her Ava. I think Eva and Ava would be too confusing for everyone. Having said that, we don't have a girl's name. We are not good at choosing girl's names, never have been. So if we end up with a girl, she will likely remain unnamed for a day or two until we can come to a compromise. We do have a boy's name, a name that has been on our list for the last ten years, a name that we decided upon about 3 years ago. We always liked the name and then about 3 years ago we met a kid with the same name and we both said, "You know, if we EVER have another boy . . . " So, stay tuned!

My husband is coaching soccer again, this time for my 5 year old son's team. I'll post the pic when it arrives. They are so very cute. The games are three on three, no goalie, no keeping score. It's a riot to watch the kids run around, chasing the ball. Sometimes they chase it the wrong direction; sometimes they just lose their balance and fall over; sometimes they get distracted by something on the sidelines and they just stand there while the game is going on without them. My favorite is when a goal is scored by accident . . . the ball just haphazardly rolls into the net. Another funny thing about soccer is that there are six boys on the team and THREE OF THEM HAVE THE SAME NAME! My husband aka coach, is NOT good with names so he rotates the players so that all three with the same name play at the same time. That way he can cheer them on and not have to worry about calling someone the wrong name.

Also of note, my sister is expecting her second child ANY DAY now. She was due yesterday so I am eagerly awaiting a phone call telling me that my new niece or nephew is on the way. It will be fun for the cousins to be so close in age and it will also be nice to know that she is going through the exact same things at the exact same time that I am. I'll post some pics when the little one arrives (assuming I'm not in labor myself!)

I have a delicious afternoon planned! My neighbor is going to watch the boys for me (the girls are in school) while I meet a friend for lunch and then get a pedicure. It's my last chance at Me Time for a very long time. We're celebrating by going to Butterfish, a very yummy and decadent lunch is on the menu!

2 comments:

S. Braun said...

The soccer name story is hilarious!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday (tomorrow ) Rachel...
I am glad you got your pedicure...
Emily loves wall- E too...