Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday



My youngest turned 4 years old today. We celebrated with legos and a Batman birthday cake. We are having a party in early June as we did not want to plan a party so close to the baby's arrival. Instead, we had cake with friends today.



I was hoping the baby would not be born on someone else's birthday -- 7 family members have birthdays in May -- because I think it's nice for each kid to have their own day, especially in our family. My kids already have to share EVERYTHING, but at least now each kid gets his/her own birthday because I'm pretty sure the baby is not going to make an appearance in the next 2 hours.

In other news, I had an appointment at the birth center today. I'm 2 centimeters dilated and 50 percent effaced; a good starting point. I had to wear the fetal monitor for 20-30 minutes to make sure the baby's heart rate is ok and it sounds as though the baby is perfectly happy in utero. Next up is an ultrasound on Friday to make sure there is enough amniotic fluid to keep the baby hydrated. If I pass that test, then I go back to the birth center on Monday and we'll start talking about drinking castor oil to get things moving.

Here's a preggo picture, I've not had any taken so far this pregnancy. My friend insisted on taking it, saying she had regretted not having more taken of her during her pregnancies. So here I am, looking very round.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

you look great!

S. Braun said...

you'll thank me once you're skinny again!