Saturday, May 23, 2009

Baby Pics

Welcome to the World


Meeting Mommy. Because there was meconium in the amniotic fluid, the baby had to be checked by the pediatrician before we could meet each other. It was the first time I've not been able to hold my baby right away. I always thought that labor pains stopped right after giving birth; but they don't. I just never noticed them before because I was too distracted with a gorgeous baby. I couldn't wait for them to hand him over to me.


Meeting the brothers and sister for the first time:


My four year old with his new brother. He was sooo excited to become a big brother and was thrilled to find out that the baby was a boy. I love the look on his face in this picture.


Here's a picture of my oldest and youngest together. I thought this was an interesting photo because my oldest weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces at birth and my youngest weighed 9 pounds, 2 ounces. I still cannot believe that this baby weighs 3 POUNDS MORE than my oldest did when she was born!!! I also cannot understand how I pushed for 1 hour and 17 minutes and ended up with stitches the first time around and this time I pushed for 10 minutes and no stitches? My oldest is still petite for her age. . . I wonder if the baby will always be big for his age?


One Day Old


I'm headed home from the hospital tomorrow morning. It has been really nice to be here and to do NOTHING. It's been great not having to prepare meals, serve meals or clean-up afterwards. Although I had concerns about delivering at a hospital, it was a positive experience overall. I might blog about it if I get time . . .

3 comments:

rachel said...

SO CUTIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Blogger

rachel said...

what a cutie ! I can't wait to see him!

Guest Bloggers Friend

rachel said...

He's adrable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!