Friday, March 6, 2009

Getting Ready

My husband walked into the kitchen the other morning and found our youngest son doing stretches -- like the exercise kind of stretches. My husband said, "What are you doing?" And he answered, "I am doing my stretches so that I can exercise and grow so that I can become a Big Brudder." And later in the day, he showed me his "jumping jacks". He was adorable. He was concentrating so hard on coordinating his arms and legs and the "clap". It was like jumping jacks in slow motion but he was giving it 100% effort, you know, like he was concentrating so much that his tongue was tucked into the corner of his lip as he went through each motion. I asked him why he was doing jumping jacks and he said he's trying to become bigger and stronger so that he can be a Big Brudder. Apparently he is taking his new role very seriously.

No comments: