Saturday, January 24, 2009

Are you kidding me???

Last night I took the girls to cheerleading practice (more on that in a future post). They have a room where parents can wait while the girls practice. So I take a book and use the time to sit and read (which I don't get to do at home very often.) So I'm sitting on a comfy couch, enjoying my quiet time and then I happened to look up from my book for some reason and what do I see????

A big, huge, bat flying towards me! I'm serious! Of course I was the first one to see it, I must have bat radar. People were saying, "Oh, look, there's a bird in here." And I'm like, "NOOOOO, it's a bat!!!"

What the heck??? What is it with me and bats???? Everyone seemed content to watch it fly around. Some people were starting to swat at it and it seemed to be getting agitated so I got myself out of there.

I called my husband to tell him (because I was still in disbelief) and because I was afraid we'd have a sighting at home too; I figured if the bat I saw woke-up out of hibernation (it was a relatively warm day yesterday which sometimes causes them to wake) then maybe our bats would start waking up too. But no bats on the home front, thankfully.

No comments: