Thursday, December 11, 2008

PreK and Turkey Day

My 5 year old son is in PreK, otherwise known as the "Fives Class". We decided not to send him to kindergarten, even though he was old enough, because he just didn't seem developmentally ready. We were able to secure a spot in the 5s class at his preschool (nothing like waiting until the last minute!) and I could not be happier. He loves going to school, loves to learn, is developing confidence and reading-readiness skills. He is in a class of 13 kids (12 boys and only 1 girl!) If he were in kindergarten, he would have at least 20 kids in his class, so I think the PreK environment is much better for him at this point in time. It is so much fun to see him blossom. I love the 5s program, love his teacher and am really glad we made the decision not to send him to kindergarten this year.

Anyway, we just got his school pictures yesterday; preschool is on a different picture-taking schedule than the elementary school. What a handsome little guy!

He sure has changed a lot since last year.

As I mentioned in a previous post, our camera is broken. We will get a new one for Christmas. In the meantime, I have to rely on other people to take pictures and forward them to me. We spent Thanksgiving in New Jersey at my sister's house. The pictures below were taken (courtesy of my sister) on Thanksgiving Day. My 5 year old really, really, really wanted the turkey leg. I didn't think he would actually eat it, but he did! He LOVED acting like a pirate (or some other make-believe manly character) as he tore into the leg. He THOROUGHLY enjoyed the turkey (and the stuffing.)


No comments: