Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Milestone

We took the girls to the mall the other day to take part in a milestone that every girl remembers for the rest of her life: the day she gets her ears pierced.


My younger daughter chose gold turtle earrings and my older daughter chose blue metallic ball earrings.

My oldest daughter got her ears pierced when she was 5 but the holes closed-up last year during our month-long battle with lice. She has been asking to have them pierced again and my husband thought it was an appropriate reward for a job well-done at school. However, we had to wait until the end of the soccer season (players are not allowed to wear earrings during games.) My younger daughter has been wanting to get hers pierced but has been too afraid. But she finally put her fears aside and took the plunge.

There were no tears for either girl and they both seem to be enjoying having earrings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your earings look pretty