Thursday, November 20, 2008

7 Days

I am almost afraid to say it . . . because every time I do I think she hears me and deliberately does it just to spite me . . . but here it goes:

Emma has not pooped or peed in the house for 7 days in a row. This is BIG news. You probably thought she was house-trained. So did I. She was doing fairly well, going for about 2 weeks without an accident. But then it would rain and she hates rain so she'd go in the house instead of outside. So then it would take a day or two to get her back on track. But overall she was doing well, as long as there was no rain to contend with.

But then we went to Florida. And she fell apart. I think it was a combination of being completely out of her routine and the fact that she struggled with her IBD while we were gone. Getting her back on track has been a MAJOR challenge.

I have been keeping track of her accidents. (Yes, if you came to my house and looked at my calendar, in addition to seeing ortho appointments and piano lessons, you would also see poop and pee and tally marks. During the month of October she had 23 accidents in the house. 23!!! That is WAAAAYYYYY too many. So far she is doing better in November with 9 accidents so far (and we are 2/3 of the way through the month!)

I feel like we have turned the corner but I won't say it out loud just yet. My oldest daughter even noticed that as soon as I say how well Emma is doing, she has an accident just hours later. So I will keep my thoughts in my head for another few days.

No comments: