Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics 2024

It seems as though Philadelphia is a contender to host the 2024 Olympics. That would be great. Because I think we might have an Olympian competing and it would be handy to not have to travel great distances to participate/observe.

My 3 year old, who loves to dive, was watching the synchronized diving last night on TV. He was mesmerized. He was sitting on the couch and was mimicking the way the divers cross their legs and arc their arms. After practicing a couple times he said, "Mom? Is this how they do it?" and he showed me his moves (although he was still sitting on the couch). I said, "YES, but you are NOT going to do that into the pool." And he grinned at me with a twinkle in his eye, nodding his head enthusiastically and said, "Yes!" As in: Yes, of course I am, why wouldn't I? It would be fun and of course I know I can do it because I can already dive into the pool AND I can do a flip on the trampoline without using my hands so of course I can do synchronized diving.

I will have to watch him very closely at the pool to make sure he doesn't try.

No comments: