Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Swallows Hurt

We have 3 sick kids here, I know, who gets sick in the summer? We have had 5 doctor appointments already this week (including orthodontist). Turns out that only 1 kid has strep, apparently the others just have a random virus that involves a high fever and sore throat. My 5 year old son is so precious. When I asked him if his throat hurt, he said, "My throat doesn't hurt but my swallows do" (meaning it hurts when he swallows). He will keep me updated on his condition by saying things like, "Mommy, I think I need more medicine because my swallows are hurting again and when my swallows hurt, my ears hurt too." And then he told me, "I haven't had hardly any bessuchoose this time." I was like what the heck is he talking about? I had to keep asking him and finally I realized that he was trying to say that he has not been sneezing -- he was telling me that he has not had any Bless-You-A-Choos (Bless You + sound you make when sneezing) since being sick. I love how he looks at the world.

No comments: