Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cash, then crash!

Today we cashed in our jar of change. $141.16 -- about $100 short of our goal. But that's ok. The important thing is that we ALL contributed to a common goal. I should be able to tell you more about our goal/purchase by Sunday or Monday. ;)

After cashing in the change, I was attempting to help my youngest into the car and the jar slipped out of my hands . . . and crashed to the ground, shards of glass everywhere. Fortunately I was the only one who got cut (very minor). I've had that jar for over 15 years -- what will I do with all my change now that the jar is broken?!

Other news -- today I bought myself a used bike. I've been pregnant or pushing strollers for the last 10 years so for the first time in many years, I am ready to ride! Finally, my youngest is a good rider and when the kids are all riding, I literally have to run to keep up. Now that I have my own bike, I can ride with them. Not only that, but I can use it to transport small items from the Grower's Market and milk from the corner store. Yipee!

No comments: