Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday!



It's official. All the Langan children are a year older. We celebrated 4 kid birthdays in about 5 weeks (not to mention my birthday, my mother's birthday, Mother's Day AND my mother-in-laws birthday, Memorial Day, oh, and my nephew's birthday, but he lives in England so we don't celebrate with him). Anyway, its a lot of cards and cake. To make my life easier and more affordable, the kids get parties every other year. The girls get a party this year, the boys will get theirs next year. I could not possibly afford 4 parties in 1 month nor would I have the creativity or energy to throw 4 parties that close together. Anyway, the girls are giving up their parties this year and instead, we will take a trip into NYC in July to American Girl Place where the girls will have lunch with their American Girl Dolls. We'll also go to see Mary Poppins on Broadway. We'll go with my college roommate and her 3 girls so it should be a great time.



We celebrated the last of the kid birthdays today. The Drama Queen is sporting her birthday gift, a baby sling for her dolls. She is always asking me to tie her blankie into a sling so I thought I'd buy her a real one that won't come untied. She is in love with it and is planning to keep it until she grows up and can put real babies into it. Except that it is doll-sized, but she doesn't need to know that yet.

No comments: