Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Can't See You


My 2 year old is in the fascinating developmental stage of realizing that his actions have consequences. Each time he does something wrong, he covers his eyes with his hands and says, "I can't see you, Mudder (mother)." It was cute at first. Now it happens like 7-8x/day. Hopefully he will realize that any time he needs to cover his eyes he should also march himself to time-out.

The "grass is always greener" with my 2 year old. He thinks that whatever anyone else has is better than what he has. For example, he is always eating the left-over food from his siblings. (He eats his own food too. I have 3 kids who eat next-to-nothing and one kid who eats everything.) After sampling his breakfast this morning, as well as finishing all the left-over cereal and toast from his siblings' breakfasts, he proceeded to open the his sister's lunchbox and eat her sandwich! That is when I took the above photo. As previously mentioned, I do not enjoy packing lunches, and really do not enjoy re-packing them at the last minute because a 2 year old decided that a peanut butter sandwich was the perfect complement to a 4 course breakfast.

No comments: