Friday, March 28, 2008

Cereal Mess

I was unloading groceries a little while ago and managed to spill an ENTIRE box of Cheerios (actually, they were the generic kind) on the floor. Like 1000 of them. Luckily, we have a dog that is part dog, part pig; she eats anything and everything. She managed to clean up a good portion of them but I had to finally get the vacuum cleaner out to clean-up the rest. (I wanted to take a picture to post but I couldn't find the camera. I did however, find the video camera, which has been missing for about 2 months.) So I started vacuuming. And once I finished the kitchen, I figured I might as well vacuum the rest of the downstairs. So off I went, oblivious to my surroundings as I vacuumed.

When I turned the vacuum off I saw the answering machine flashing. So I listened to the message. It was the school principal (of all calls to miss!). Apparently my oldest daughter was involved in a disagreement with her seatmates today on the bus. (She is on the bus for less than 5 minutes in the morning, what could have happened in that time?!) Apparently it has been going on for a while. (I do recall her telling me something about it a few weeks ago but I thought it was resolved . . .) In any case, the principal said that my daughter was "caught in the middle" but he brought all 3 girls into his office for a "talking to". I'm sure it scared her to have to go to the Principals' Office. It will be interesting to see how much she tells me when she gets home later today.

No comments: