Friday, January 4, 2008

I can't believe it . . .

My 4 year old woke up this morning and happily got himself dressed!!!!  This is the child who REFUSES to wear clothing!  Not only was he HAPPY about getting dressed, he did it himself, without even being asked!  I have no idea why he has turned into a compliant child.  I don't know how long this will last but I am hoping he will never go back to the naked, screaming child that he was in 2007.  (See?  I am already making it sound like it was SUCH a long time ago.)

My rule is this:  if he can get dressed without crying, then he can stay for Lunch Bunch at preschool.  (Lunch Bunch means he gets to stay for an extra hour of school and eat lunch with his classmates and then he gets 40 minutes of playtime before going home.)  The Lunch Bunch reward works well because you cannot just show-up for Lunch Bunch, you have to sign-up in advance.  This means:   
a) He has to have a good morning in order to get permission (from me) to attend Lunch Bunch; and 
b) He has to have a good morning on the actual day of Lunch Bunch or I won't let him stay for lunch.  

So as stated, if he has a good morning, he gets to stay for lunch.  Do you know how many times he has stayed for lunch so far this school year?  2 times.  That's all.  That means he has been a screaming maniac for the other 50+ days of school.  

I sincerely hope he is turning over a new leaf.  I will keep you posted.

No comments: