Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Husband is a very Patient Man!


"Helping" Daddy assemble the arbor & the finished product

As some of you know, I have been learning how to garden, thanks to my friend, Michele.Thus, I recently purchased an arbor for our yard and today my husband offered to assemble it. Once he pulled out his electric drill, he IMMEDIATELY had 2 little boys by his side, eager to help. He was very patient, and let each of them take turns drilling screws into the arbor. He even continued to allow them to help after our youngest missed the arbor and drilled into my husband's finger! There was a little blood, not too much, and after a quick "band-aid" break, they were back at work.

When my 6 year old daughter realized that the boys were actually getting to USE the drill, she wanted in on the action too! (Our oldest daughter was at Dorney Park with a friend so my husband only had to work around 3 children, instead of 4.) So my dear husband had 3 children "helping" him assemble the arbor. He never once complained, even after the bloody finger incident. He is an amazingly patient, kind and loving man. And the arbor looks great.

No comments: