Sunday, September 9, 2007

Jon & Kate Plus 8

I had a rare opportunity to go and see Jon & Kate Gosselin speak at a local church. For those of you who are asking, "Who are Jon & Kate?" you can find out by clicking here and you can see them on Discovery Health every Tuesday night at 10:00PM Eastern Time when Jon & Kate Plus 8 airs.

I drove about 40 minutes (sans children!) to Freedom Life Christian Center and got there about 30 minutes early so that I could get a good seat. Since I had some time on my hands (how often does THAT happen?!) I decided to read the welcome packet I was given upon arriving at the church. I was so surprised to find out that I was sitting in an Assembly of God church! I grew up in an A/G church so I am very comfortable in that setting. And although I prefer a quieter, more reflective worship experience, it was a lot of fun and a "blast from the past" to attend church that was more like a rock concert than church. After the rockin' worship, Jon & Kate took the stage. The pastor interviewed them "Oprah style" as they sat in comfy chairs and he chatted with them in a conversational style. Jon shared about how he became a Christian and they both talked about how they've had to rely on God through babies, job losses, more babies, and the challenges that come with more babies. They were funny, poised and genuine. It was really a treat to get to see them and hear them speak for an extended period of time. After the service, I had an opportunity to meet them and talk with them for a couple minutes. They were very down-to-earth and easy to talk to, and are as real in person as they are on tv.

No comments: